Accredo Specialty Pharmacy
Accredo® Specialty Pharmacy
Providing the most advanced product and patient care through an industry-leading specialty pharmacy
As the Pharma Services arm of Express Scripts, UBC delivers supply chain solutions for manufacturers. We partner with Accredo to provide high-touch, personalized care for patients with chronic, complex conditions
Therapies for complex diseases don’t need complex support services. They need a provider experienced in product and patient care, reimbursement services, adherence, and Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategies (REMS). As part of the Express Scripts® family, UBC partners with Accredo, a leading specialty pharmacy that offers nearly two decades of experience in specialty pharmacy operations, nursing support, and medication adherence services.
Accredo’s model is designed to support specialty drugs. These drugs can be given by any route of administration (injection, infusion, oral) and are typically used to treat chronic, complex conditions that would require or benefit from at least two of the following criteria:
- Frequent dosing adjustments/intensive clinical monitoring to decrease the potential for drug toxicity and increase the probability for beneficial treatment outcomes
- Intensive patient training and compliance assistance to facilitate therapeutic goals
- Limited or exclusive distribution
- Specialized handling and/or administration
UBC knows the most effective, affordable, and high-quality care for complex, chronic conditions involves extensive coordination from a single source. Accredo delivers this care by streamlining services for patients, physicians, health plan sponsors, and manufacturers. Together, we offer:
- Therapy-specific teams in our Therapeutic Resource CentersSM
- Specialized storage and shipment for temperature-sensitive medications
- Benefit research and reimbursement assistance
- Triage services for out-of-network prescriptions
- Advanced Pharmacy Solutions and Reporting & Analytics
- Custom Clinical Adherence Programs
Manufacturers and biotech companies are focusing on medications that treat rare conditions. As the specialty market grows, so does your competition. Optimize patient access and provider loyalty with informed decisions surrounding your product’s distribution channel. With proven experience in all distribution models, we can help your product get on the fast track.
Commitment to Success
Accredo is the largest specialty pharmacy in the country, with 31 locations, 260 pharmacists, a national network of 600 field-based specialty nurses, and 160 physician sales team members.
Contact us to discuss how the partnership between Accredo and UBC can streamline patient access to your products.
Maintaining Compliance in the Global Pharmacy Landscape, Specialty Pharmacy Times, Sept/Oct 2013