Accredo Specialty Pharmacy
Accredo® Specialty Pharmacy
UBC partners with Accredo Specialty Pharmacy to provide high-touch, personalized care for patients with chronic, complex conditions.
Accredo successfully manages rare and complex conditions through specialization and focus. Specialty trained clinicians in disease-specific Therapeutic Resource CentersSM (TRC) provide care that treats the patient and not just the disease. They spend the vast majority of their time working with patients in a single disease state, allowing them to offer more tailored and individualized counseling and education.
UBC and Accredo collaborate with pharmaceutical and biotech companies to provide high-touch services across many disease states and therapy classes. We customize and integrate our programs and develop proprietary clinical protocols to help patients remain on therapy and achieve the greatest health outcomes possible. Our solutions include combinations of the following services based on particular patient needs and therapy:
Seamless experience through operational excellence
- Quickly starting patients on therapy
- In-depth benefit investigation
- Triage services for out-of-network prescriptions
- Specialized storage and shipment for temperature-sensitive medications
- Online refill scheduling for many specialty drugs
- Product replacement programs
Best health outcomes through clinical support and outreach
- Comprehensive clinical care management
- Available clinical patient education with initial shipment
- Access to after-hours pharmacists and nurses
- Refill reminders
- Proactive risk assessments
- Custom clinical adherence programs
- Regular communication with physicians
Greatest access and affordability through financial and reporting capabilities
- Financial assistance education and support
- Advanced clinical and financial data reporting
- Inventory management
For more information on how Accredo supports patients and physicians, visit Accredo.com.
Contact us to discuss how the partnership between Accredo and UBC can streamline patient access to your products.
Maintaining Compliance in the Global Pharmacy Landscape, Specialty Pharmacy Times, Sept/Oct 2013